Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh Julius...

Here it comes. The gist on Julius. My adorable, awful, loving, and destructive kitten. Well, he's not really a kitten anymore, but I can still dream, right? He was born in April and I got him in May. He was only 4.5 weeks old when a lady I worked with sent out a mass email saying she had kittens that needed to go to good homes. How could I turn that down? So, the next thing I knew I had a new baby kitten who was soooooo cute. He still is. He's just not a baby anymore.

Right now, I call this phase the terrible two's. Because I'm pretty sure he's going through the equivalent of that. Pretty much every day he destroys/attempts to destroy something else. Yes, I have tried a spray bottle. It works marginally well. 

This list of Julius' Daily Destructions:

1. Sponges. He likes to get them and put them in weird places. Like my bed. 
2. Straws. He steals them from my drinks and chews them up. 
3. Yarn. He steals this too. Usually he hides a skein under my bed. 
4. Water. He is obsessed with watching water move. As in, knocking things over that have water or liquid in it so he can watch it spill. His favorite: the water dispenser. Flood on my kitchen floor daily.
5. Curtains. For about 2 weeks there, not a day went by when he didn't pull down my curtains. He's over that one. For now. 
6. Bread/Chips. I have little cabinet space, so I put bread and other snacks on top of my fridge. Except he can get up there now. One day I came home to bread, chips, oatmeal and apple cider mix strewn all over my apartment. What a nice present.

The list could go on and on, but I think my point has been made.

Here he is. Playing under my dresser at 2 am. Yes, he looks like he's sleeping. He's not. This is why I wear earplugs to bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment