Thursday, November 18, 2010

The One Day Quest...a Literary Journey

Two days ago, I was reading something about one of my favorite authors, Stephen King. Yes, I love Stephen King. I think he's a genius. I have read most of his books, not all, but most. And I started reading him when I was about 10. (not much censorship in my childhood home) As I was reading, I came across a book that he first published under Richard Bachman, his pseudonym. This book interested me right away because it was no longer in print. Why? Because Stephen King had it pulled out of print. Why would he do that? Because it was indirectly linked to at least 3 high school shootings and/or hostage takings. Title of the Book: Rage. Of course, this meant that I had to find this book. And since I am not a teenager anymore, and my frontal lobe is fully developed, I figure it is definitely safe for me to read. Which brings me to my quest. I must find this book. And buy it.

Fortunately, the journey didn't take long. At the second online used bookstore I looked at, it was there for $5. And not only do I get Rage, I also get 3 more Richard Bachman books, all together in one!  So in a week and a half (yes, I'm cheap, I use economy mail) I will be the proud owner of the first four Richard Bachman books, one of which is no longer in print because of its potentially harmful content.

As a book lover, and a Stephen King super-fan, this is huge. Huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment