Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sorry for manhandling your pretzels. Not.

In the midst of being a student, I also have to do this unpleasant thing called Work. Work was not always unpleasant, but when you find yourself working part-time in that odious field (Retail), you begin to hate life. Well, at least work-life. And I reallllllly dislike retail. People, meaning the everyday, normal, average masses are super rude. And they are probably nice people, but not when they go into a store. See, it is hard to see someone in an ugly uniform as a person. I guess. But there are nice ones out there. Although I can honestly say only 1 in 10 is genuinely nice to me. So, the other evening, nearing the end of my shift, a young woman comes up to my register with bags of discounted Halloween candy as well as discounted Halloween pretzels. We're talking huge discounts here. Like 75 cents for a giant bag of Halloween pretzels. As I am scanning all of the items, this seemingly half-decent young woman says to me, "Be careful." At first, I did not pick up on her condescending, holier-than-thou tone, but I caught on real quick. She goes on to say that I was "squishing" her pretzels and that I need to learn to be more careful. I was SHOCKED. Really?? First of all, RUDE. Second of all, what this B*tch doesn't know is that those damn pretzels have been thrown around so many times by the stockers and customers, that they are probably all broken to hell anyway. And they are like 75 cents for a giant bag, full of little bags, so more than likely, she did not hear any pretzels breaking, she just heard a lot of plastic rubbing on plastic. I could not even respond to that without cursing her out. So I said nothing. But I realllllly wanted to. So here goes. What a B*tch. For real. I am so not even sorry for manhandling your pretzels. I wish I would have crushed them to pieces. MUAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment