Monday, November 22, 2010

Ya, I like to read. Kind of a lot:)

Therefore, here are my top ten favorite books of all time. I'm not exactly sure how many books I have read in my life so far, but I can say that since the age of 10, I have been polishing off at least two books a week. And yes, most of them were adult books. Like Stephen King and Anne Rice. (I know, horrifying now to think that my 10 year old self read Bag of Bones in a week. Good book. My first Stephen King.)

1. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
2. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
3. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
4. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
5. The BFG by Roald Dahl
6. The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
7. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
8. Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
9. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
10. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

The number one spot is absolutely my favorite book of all time. I've read it at least once a year since I first read it in high school. The rest of the books are in no particular order.

*Note: To make it to my top ten, the book has to draw me back at least twice. It takes a great book to influence people to read it over and over again. And these books are great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment