So I might just be old-fashioned, but I am ALARMED at the new trend of people making their babies a Facebook page. I am definitely not trying to offend anyone, and no, I do not have any children. But a Facebook page for a 2 year old??? Really? It is one thing to post a ton of pictures and funny things babies do, I get it. It's easier for grandparents/aunts/uncles/friends to keep up-to-date with all the Baby Pat rolled over/took his first step/smiled moments. But do these babies really need their own Facebook page?? I can say that out of my 8 brothers and sisters (all 18 or under), the only ones that have Facebook are the ones that are in high school. Which is acceptable, in my opinion. I'm personally not okay with my 10 year old sister having her own profile, but if my mother let it happen, I could respect it. Now, I almost researched this here topic, but decided against overwhelming the masses with my plethora of statistics...but I'll leave you with one. 5% of all babies and toddlers have their own social networking account. (I got this little statistic from this here article...enjoy!)
http://www.sync-blog.com/sync/2010/10/when-is-it-too-early-for-kids-to-have-a-social-network-account.html
5% folks. That's a lot of babies and toddlers.
No comments:
Post a Comment