Friday, February 25, 2011

Rocky Racoon...

Or Julius the Watch-Cat fails miserably at his job.

Let's set the scene. 1:30 am. Asleep. Dark room. Streetlight through window.

I am suddenly awakened by weird noises. I look up, and notice something on my window ledge. At first, I think it's Julius...how did he get outside? Then I realize that this creature is MUCH too large to be Julius. NO...it's a raccoon. Chillin' on my window ledge like she/he belongs there. *Note that I live on the 3rd floor. I thought I was safe from creatures up here. Apparently not.* And where is Julius the whole time?? Sitting all the way across the room on his favorite chair, like everything is normal. NOT being the Watch-Cat that I have assigned him to be.

So I took matters into my own hands. I knocked on my window to attempt to scare the raccoon away. It kind of worked. He moved on. Probably to my fire escape. Or maybe my neighbor's side of the roof.

Then Julius decided to be macho after the fact and sit guard on the heater next to the window.

And than I had nightmares for the rest of the night. Because apparently raccoons outside my window at 1:30 am have that affect on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment