Who do I turn to? Often friends, sometimes family. Maybe the better question is What? Because there is this little book that I have read over and over again that never fails to help me gain perspective.
When my grandmother was dying, I read this book to her.
When my cousin died, I put an excerpt of it in his eulogy.
This book has helped me time and time again through some of the hardest situations in my life.
Here is one of my favorite passages:
"Is not religion all deeds and all reflection,
And that which is neither deed nor reflection,
but a wonder and a surprise ever springing in the soul,
even while the hands hew the stone or tend the loom?
Who can separate his faith from his actions,
or his belief from his occupations?
...
Your daily life is your temple and your religion.
Whenever you enter into it take with you your all."
~excerpt from The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran
No comments:
Post a Comment