Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pitiful...

My little hiatus from blogging has come to an end. Unfortunately, I was not lounging around on a beach taking it easy for the 3 or so weeks that I have been absent. (Too bad). Typically, my life got real crazy in May, and something had to give (this). So now, the myriad of reasons. In list format. 

1. I started working full-time. This might not seem like a big deal, but I was attempting to successfully finish up the semester, so between that and 6:45am-9:30pm workdays (with a break in between), I WAS BEAT. And I am still trying to get over it. (This is where I give a huge shout-out to all of those working moms out there...because I cannot imagine the life I live with a kid added in. No thank you. Kudos to you:)

2. For any number of reasons, my intermittent migraines have come back with a vengeance. There was at least a whole week thrown in there of migraines. Ick. 

3. THE RACCOONS. The raccoons have been my ongoing drama for awhile now. I do not believe I have shared my raccoon story, which is, quite honestly, two parts soap opera and one part animal planet. In lieu of going into detail (that could take several posts), let's just say this: a mama raccoon climbed up to my roof (I live in the attic, so basically my walls), tore a hole through the shingles, made a nest in my walls, had three babies, and proceeded to torment me. How? My paranoia turned me into a crazy person. I couldn't sleep without thinking that I was going to wake up with a raccoon in my face, my cat dead, my apartment trashed, etc. After a few weeks of this, my landlord put a trap out, which caught two of the babies, and forced the mama raccoon to move her last baby away. (According to my neighbor, who claims he saw the mama and baby come down the fire escape). Moral of the story: I am nearly raccoon free (I hope), and can now sleep in peace.

Photo evidence, because how believable is this story??


I named this one Otis. He hissed at me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment