Sunday, March 27, 2011

I do it every time...

Currently reading:

1. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley - Retelling of the Camelot legend in the eyes of women. I like that it makes Morgan, his "evil" sister into a not-so-evil person. Kind of like the original Wicked. 800+ pages...oh my.

2. Djibouti by Elmore Leonard - Newest book by this one. Caught my eye because of the interesting cover. It's about modern-day pirates off the coast of Somalia...we see it all the time in the news but it becomes completely different when someone turns it into literature. The jury is still out...we'll see when I finish it.

3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - Trying to finally get through this before I see the new movie. I loved Emily's Wuthering Heights but Jane is just not my favorite, so far anyway.


Sometimes, I can get as many as 5 books going at once. I do not recommend this. It becomes difficult to decide which one to pick up. I just really need to finish at least one of these this weekend.

*On a side-note: I plan on watching Dr. Zhivago today...for the first time. I have read the book, and I believe it is like a Russian Gone With the Wind...so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment